Recognised Standard Methods:
ASTM D5001- Standard Test Method for Measurement of Lubricity of Aviation Turbine Fuels by the Ball-on-Cylinder Lubricity Evaluator (BOCLE)
ABSPart code: ABS
Main product features
- The PCS Automated BOCLE System (ABS) is included in the D5001 ASTM specification.
- Simple to use interface -microprocessor control of all instrument functions.
- Standard ASTM D5001 test sequence pre-loaded into ABS microprocessor controller – operator fits cleaned specimens, adds fuel sample and presses the ‘Start Test’ button.
- Automatic control of test sequence – no operator-induced variability in test results.
- Automatic flow controllers for moist and dry air – no operator input required to control the humidity and flow rate of the conditioned air.
- Optional PC-based data logging software – allows test data to be recorded as a permanent record (available for both D5001 and D6078).
- Interchangeable humidity and temperature probes – humidity and temperature measurement does not need to be re-calibrated – simply replace the combined relative humidity and temperature probe with an exchange pre-calibrated unit.
- PCS manufactures the test rings – single source supplier of test rings and specimens leads to higher quality control.
- Technical Specs
|Operating Conditions - Ambient Temperature||15 to 35°C|
|Operating Conditions - Ambient Humidity||20-80% (non-condensing)|
|Mains Power||Universal (100-230V) 750 VA|
|Temperature Control||Solid state thermoelectric heater/cooler|
|Weight||34 Kg (75lb)|
|Length||520 mm (21")|
|Width||520 mm (21")|
|Height||340 mm (14")|
The ABS is a microprocessor-controlled Ball-on-Cylinder wear test system which provides a fast, repeatable assessment of the performance of jet fuels that fully conforms to the ASTM D5001 test method for “Measurement of Lubricity of Aviation Turbine Fuels by the Ball-on-Cylinder Lubricity Evaluator”.
The ABS comprises a single, compact, bench top mounted unit. The only external services required are compressed air to the specification in ASTM D5001 and 100-230V mains power. The internal de-ionised water reservoir requires refilling after approximately 1,000 tests. An air cleaner/dryer is available which can clean and de-humidify normal laboratory or shop air to meet the requirements of the ASTM standard (<0.1 ppm hydrocarbon).
ABS Arm Lift Motor O-Ring
ABS Fuel Bath
ABS Fuel Bath Cover
ABS Humidity Verification Kit