ABSSL (Automated BOCLE System Scuffing Load)Part code: ABSSL
Main product features
- Microprocessor control of all instrument functions.
- Simple user interface. Instrument functions can be upgraded by downloading new firmware.
- Both the standard ASTM D6078 test sequences (Procedure A and B) pre-loaded into microprocessor controller.
- Automatic control of whole test sequence.
- No operator-induced variability in test results.
- Automatic flow controllers for moist and dry air.
- No operator input needed to set the humidity and flow rate of the conditioned air.
- Optional PC-based control and data logging software.
- Allows alternative test programmes to be downloaded into instrument, and test parameters to be recorded as a permanent record.
- Interchangeable humidity and temperature probes.
- Humidity and temperature measurement does not need to be re-calibrated – simply replace the combined RH and temperature probe with an exchange pre-calibrated unit.
- Single source of supply for both the test rings and test equipment.
- Technical Specs
|Ambient Temperature Limits||+5.0 to +35.0°C|
|Fuel Temperature Control||25.0 ±1.0 max, ±0.1°C typical|
|Flow Rate||3.8 ±0.1 litres/min|
|RH||10.0 ±0.2% indicated|
|Motor Speed||525.0 ±0.1 rpm|
|Test Duration||30 Seconds , ±0.1 second - Breaking 60 Seconds , ±0.1 second - At test duration|
PCS Instruments’ ABSSL System (Automated BOCLE System Scuffing Load) is a fully automatic laboratory instrument for carrying out lubricity testing of diesel (middle distillate) fuel. It fully conforms to the requirements of ASTM D-6078 “Standard Test Method for Evaluating Lubricity of Diesel Fuels by the Scuffing Load Ball-on-Cylinder Lubricity Evaluator (SLBOCLE)”.
The standard PCS ABS test equipment can be modified to allow the SL-BOCLE tests to be carried out. Alternatively, the ABSSL test equipment can be supplied as new.
As with the standard BOCLE test, the instrument utilises a flooded, Ball-on-Cylinder contact geometry. Since the onset of scuffing is characterised by a sudden rise in the friction force between two contacting bodies, a load cell is incorporated into the load arm assembly. This is able to measure the tangential friction force between the rotating disc and stationary ball.